Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Riyo Case for the iPhone (Dan Almazan)


I was skeptical at first about this product because in general I have never liked wallets that were attached to your phone. Mostly because I didn't like the idea of having my cards showing to the public and because I didn't like the idea of making my phone bulkier. However after using the product for a couple days I found that the case didn't feel as bulky as I thought it would (see picture below), and because of the design of the wallet, very little of the cards can be seen by the public. However, after carrying the case around for a couple days and using it I found that it was actually very convenient. The best feature of the case is the fact that the cards are laid out in a tiered layout so that you can easily access any of the three cards that the case will carry with ease, and as their video shows you can pull any of the three cards out with one hand. 
As I said before the case does not feel as bulky as I thought it would. The reason for this is because the case only carries 3 cards. This keeps the case relatively slim which is a major plus to me. At the same time if you are like me and need to carry more than three cards around, the case will not meet that need (if you generally only carry three cards then this wallet is perfect). What I ended up doing after using it for a while was I put my drivers license, a debit card and a credit card in the case and left all of my other stuff in my wallet which I carried in my bag, or left in my car depending on what I needed. So it allowed me to slim down most of the time when I didn't need everything on me. And when I was going out for the night or on a quick errand and didn't need all of those cards, it was nice to be able to just grab my phone and keys and have all the essentials with me without having to carry my wallet as well. Overall the functionality is great and I would definitely buy one  or recommend it to a friend based on my experience with the case so far. 

As for the quality and durability of the product, I unfortunately was given a prototype that was 3D printed so I can't speak much to the quality, but after speaking with the maker of the case he told me that the final case would be made of a type of flexible rubbery/plastic material that felt both durable and comfortable to hold, and would make it east to snap on and off the phone. Unfortunately I can't say much more beyond that. 

As for design, the case comes in lots of different colors. And I think it looks great. Like I said before it hides your cards pretty well from the public eye but still allows you to access your cards with ease. 



When all is said and done I felt like the case did what it was designed to do really well. I liked using it and would definitely recommend it to a friend. Check it out on kickstarter at http://kck.st/TwHXTg.

Leave a comment and let us know what you think. 



No comments:

Post a Comment